The Citrix ICA client can be migrated to a removable disk, so you can connect to Citrix servers without having to install a client locally. This can be paired with Dekart Logon for Citrix, which can also run from removable media. As a result, a bundle is obtained, offering you a secure way to connect to remote servers.
How does it work?
- Uninstall the Citrix ICA client from your system
- Install Citrix Program Neighborhood by running ica32.exe
Edit C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\WFCLIENT.INI, by adding
- Save the file
- Run Citrix ICA Client, then close it (do nothing else).
- Verify the contents of C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\, a new folder should be there - INIFiles; it should contain the following files:
- Copy the Citrix folder (and its subdirectories) to the removable drive
- Install Dekart Logon for Citrix ICA Client (advanced mode) to the flash disk
- Uninstall Citrix ICA Client from the computer
- Run Dekart Logon for Citrix ICA Client from the flash disk (try creating a new connection in the KSD manager, to confirm that everything works as expected)
Can I use this client to connect via Citrix Secure Gateway?
Rennel, from the program's perspective the only thing that matters is that the server to which you connect is connected to using the Citrix ICA client. The client itself handles the rest.
Comment from: Alexandre [Visitor]
Excuse my poor english...
I have already install a portable vpn client on my usb flash drive and now i'm searching for a citrix portable client,
It will be great but i don't understand everything. Is it possible to transfer me an iso file of a usb key already configured ?!
Could you please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ?
Form is loading...