A new version of SIM Manager was released the other day, it brings changes on multiple fronts:
The 3.x branch is a major step forward, the program will be extended in these directions:
- More online synchronization services will be supported. At the moment SIM Manager can synchronize with Yahoo! Contacts and Google Contacts; it can also retrieve the phonebook from Facebook and write it to the SIM. We'll add new services to this list. The most likely candidates are Microsoft Live and Nokia Ovi - but our priorities will be determined by the feedback we receive from people. So if you are interested in seeing your favourite service in SIM Manager - let us know.
- Other methods of retrieving SMS and address books will be added. The first point in the roadmap is retrieving the data via Bluetooth or infrared, thus you won't need any cables or readers at all.
- SyncML support - so you can synchronize with any online service that relies on SyncML to get its job done.
What happens to the names:
- We decided to ditch the number sufix in the name, because it creates confusion among people (and sometimes among dekarters). There will be no more "SIM Manager 2" and "SIM Manager 1.x".
- SIM Manager is the name that we're keeping, the version number is not a part of the name anymore.
- SIMple is the name we chose for a simplified version of SIM Manager - the one you get for free when you purchase our SIM reader. SIMple is not as feature-rich, it lacks the online synchronization features and it cannot exchange data with other systems; it does only one thing - read and write to the SIM. Of course, this can be more than enough for most of us.
- If you're interested in any of the old versions, you can find them on our FTP archive.
- The cost of the program is the same.
There are three update options:
- From 1.x to 3.x - USD 13
- From 2.x to 3.x - USD 3
- From SIMple to SIM Manager - USD 9.90
Secret option 4 out of 3 - get it for free, if you do one of these:
The latest version, at this point, is 3.0, here's a direct download link - it always points to the latest version.
As I write these lines, we're already done adding some changes to 3.1, which will significantly reduce the amount of time needed to write data to cards.
Stay tuned, and have fun with SIM Manager - the best SIM card management program out there.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...