The best way to gather detailed troubleshooting information about Windows is the built-in System information tool. It generates a report that contains details about the hardware and software configuration. Here's how it works:
- Press Start\Run
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter
- Once the program is loaded, press File\Save
- Send the generated NFO file to your geeky friend who knows what to do with it
Here's what the report will contain:
- exact version of Windows and service packs;
- installed software;
- currently running applications;
- start up programs;
- system services and their status;
- hardware and hardware drivers (and their versions);
- partition table (indicating the size and file system of each drive);
- users and user-groups.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...